Employer reference: REF1057V
At Vialto we create the connections that build global careers and societies, bridging the gap between people and their aspirations. As the world of work continues to evolve, we are bringing together the individuals, ideas and technology to unlock business and human growth.
Vialto Partners is looking for a Senior Manager to join a rapidly growing team in our Employment Tax business.
The employment tax team provides consulting services, technical advice and analysis on all aspects of employment taxes to a range of clients from UK based entrepreneurs and small family businesses to multinational organisations across all industries. We advise on regulatory and legislative change and help clients to manage their international employment tax risks effectively so enthusiasm to understand our clients problems and help them to make informed decisions is vital in this role.
The successful candidate would ideally have a wide range of Employment Tax experience, including understanding labour supply chain issues (e.g. modern slavery, umbrella companies, employment agencies), employment status considerations and impact, employer withholding and social security obligations on cash, expenses and benefits, as well as the associated reporting (such as PSA and P11D in the UK), equal pay and minimum wage calculations/disclosures and an awareness of Employment Tax strategy.
- Using technical ability and practical experience to deliver technical and commercially focused advice, as well as helping the client to practically implement any proposed solutions
- Staying up to date with employer governance regulations and best practice and keeping clients informed of any changes
- Having a keen interest in technology and being open to learning how it may be used to drive data driven solutions
- Successfully maintaining a portfolio of clients with elements of global coordination, whilst meeting deadlines and client expectations
- Developing client and colleague relationships both through face to face and virtual means, as well as attending internal and external networking events
- Evaluating opportunities for existing clients as well as undertaking business development activities to help grow a wider client base
- Working within a team both globally and nationally, whilst also being able to work independently
- Supervising junior staff on a day to day basis, whilst overseeing their personal and technical development
Preferred skills and experience
- A commitment to delivering great client service with a focus on clear and timely communication
- Strong analytical skills and an interest in using technology to analyse client data and improve the usability of data for clients
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in the international employment taxes and social security space. This could be directly in practice or from an inhouse role or a global mobility role
- Employer compliance regarding different populations of workers e.g. international business visitors, contractors and cross-border commuters
- Compensation and bonus sourcing for PAYE & NI with in depth calculations
- Interaction between double tax treaties, reciprocal agreements and employer withholding obligations
- Producing consulting advice on a global basis on a wide variety of employment tax topics.
- ACA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA), Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training or individuals with a Law qualification are welcome to apply.
- This role can either be home based or based from any of our UK offices
- Vialto Partners has a flexible working policy