Employer reference: REF92F
At Vialto we create the connections that build global careers and societies, bridging
the gap between people and their aspirations. As the world of work continues to
evolve, we are bringing together the individuals, ideas and technology to unlock
business and human growth.
The tasks, roles and responsibilities pertaining to the job role of an Assistant Manager will include the following:
- Interacting with senior expatriate assignees and middle management client contacts on day to day matters.
- Reviewing and finalising the tax computations - withholding tax computation, advance tax etc.
- Reviewing individual tax returns
- Working on advisory projects involving technical analysis and drafting memo, presentations etc.
- Independently handling scrutiny assessments including preparing the submissions, highlighting complex tax issues and representations before tax officers;
- Co-ordinating with the tax authorities and visiting the tax office of regular follow-ups, rectification, refund follow-up etc.;
- Analysing and interpreting Provisions of the Income-tax Act, 1956, Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999, Social Security Law, tax treaties, Social Security Agreements.
- Responsible for the complete execution of the assigned engagements.
- Overseeing the work of Associate, Analysts and Senior Analysts.
Qualified Chartered Accountant
Working in this discipline will see an Assistant Manager working on engagements and teams (the sizes of which will vary depending on client/project).
To qualify for the same an Assistant Manager will need:
- To be a Qualified Chartered Accountant with 2-3 year of relevant experience
- Thorough knowledge of direct tax and expatriate tax is expected
- Knowledge of the current developments and impact of the same on the individual taxation.
- Other prerequisite skills include:
- Thorough knowledge of tax regulations, interpretation of treaties etc.
- Demonstrating innovative and critical thinking in managing projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to coach juniors
- Passion for client servicing
- Excellent eye for detail
- Efficiency in MS office and report writing skills
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts.
- Ability to develop project management and supervisory skills, involving effective time management and task prioritisation
- Ownership and responsibility of clients/tasks delegated