Employer reference: JR902292
As an Experienced Tax Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Vialto Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self-awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others - Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships
- Tax Associate with at least 1 year of Puerto Rico tax experience.
- CPA or qualified to take CPA exam.
- Demonstrates knowledge and/or a proven record of success in individual tax planning for employee cross-border movement including foreign national and expatriate issues, foreign tax compliance and the tax equalization process and managing international assignee populations of multinational clients.
- Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in understanding individual tax compliance, tax planning and expatriate tax program policy and administration design, identifying and addressing client needs:
- Actively participating in client discussions and meetings.
- Managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members.
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and,
- Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
- Experimentation with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to: Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions. Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools. Exposure to pricing, client value and the negotiation process, including reviewing contracts and finding opportunities to introduce new pricing options