Employer reference: JR901744
At Vialto, we create the connections that build global careers and societies, bridging the gap between people and their aspirations. As the world of work continues to evolve, we are bringing together the individuals, ideas and technologies to unlock business and human growth. With more than a year since our inception, we continue to see significant growth and are excited to be able to offer more great opportunities to consult with our clients and continue to shape the future of the global mobility business. Our Canadian team is a strong national practice focused on collaboration and teamwork, resulting in a great client experience. We provide both Canadian and US compliance and consulting services to clients, providing a great opportunity to develop additional tax technical knowledge and consulting skills throughout your career. Our teams in the Greater Toronto Area (“GTA”), Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver have diverse backgrounds, languages and cultures which mirrors our business and our clients, living the concept that diversity makes us stronger. We have growing markets across the country and are looking for individuals to take ownership of client engagements and relationships, using business acumen and a consulting mindset, to provide assistance in the areas of remote work, business travellers, global payroll, and managed services.
As a Tax Senior Associate, you will work as a part of a team of professionals helping to solve complex business problems from strategy to execution. Your responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and model behavior to build quality relationships.
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self-awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Preparation/Review of Canadian and/or US personal income tax returns and related forms/deliverables
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in individual tax planning for employee cross-border movement including foreign national and expatriate issues, foreign tax compliance and the tax equalization process and managing international assignee populations of multinational clients.
- Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in understanding individual tax compliance, tax planning and expatriate tax program policy and administration design, identifying and addressing client needs:
- Actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of services.
- Managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members.
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and,
- Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
- As a tax technical professional, demonstrates ability to research business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals.
- Experimentation with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools. Exposure to pricing, client value and the negotiation process - including reviewing contracts and finding opportunities to introduce new pricing options.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Additional Educational Requirements:
- Other business-related fields may be considered (such as, Business Administration/Management, Economics, Finance, International Business, Management, Quantitative Finance). Job seekers must demonstrate all the minimum requirements are met for CPA licensure per respective state regulations.
Minimum Years of Experience:
No less than 3-year(s) of experience